Tuesday, November 2, 2010

****Halloween****

If you didn't know, Halloween is my favorite holiday. I love scary movies, seeing the kids dressed in their costumes and the nice weather of October.

I also love decorating my house for this magical, spooky and scary time of year. I had so many ideas but I was only able to complete a couple of projects due to being 5 months pregnant. Preparing for Maddox takes up most of my time now.

I wanted to make sure at least my mantel was decorated and this is what I came up with.





My sofa table. I could have done better but like I said preparing for a baby is time consuming.


The first project that I worked on was the terracotta mummies. They were featured on many blogs that I follow and they seemed so easy to make (and the were).

First thing you do is get 2 terracotta flower pots and paint them white and hot glue the 2 bottom ends together.

I bought about a yard of light tan fabric and cut it into strips. Then I hot glue them around the pots making sure to leave open spots every couple of rolls.

This is what it will look like.

Once I finished wrapping the pots with the fabric I took brown paint and lightly painted the edges of the fabric to make it look authentic. I then took the eyes and glued them into place.
This is the completed project.

I then decided to paint and glitter some of my pumpkins. I painted this pumpkin black and before the paint dried I applied black glitter. I also did a couple of pumpkins like this with orange glitter.
I painted this pumpkin white.


The next Halloween project I worked on was the subway art canvas. I painted a canvas black and used grey paint to make spider webs on the corners of the canvas. I then used my cricket to cut out words the words EEK, scary, Halloween, Trick or treat, scary and pumpkin. I glued the letters down using mod podge.


The finished product.

Despite not getting all the Halloween decorations up we still had a fantastic holiday. We spent the Friday before Halloween at our best friends house. They had a party and it was so nice to catch up with some friends that we haven't seen in a while.
Chris and I. His hunting clothes made me look so big.
But the highlight of the evening was our friends Wes and Autumn getting engaged. It was their 1 year anniversary and Wes surprised her with the best gift ever. I am so excited for them.
I hate to see October go because I am not a big fan of Thanksgiving but it puts us 1 month closer to meeting Maddox. My mother is coming down this weekend to make sure I register for the right stuff for Maddox. Chris and Wes are going to rearrange our furniture because our nursery furniture came in. Looks like I will have another busy weekend. I will keep you posted on how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment