Saturday, September 18, 2010

Sharing the Baby News!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris and I found out this June that we were expecting our first baby. We were so excited and couldn't wait to tell our friends and family.

We already had plans to visit my parents that weekend to celebrate Father's Day so we had to come up with some way to tell them fast. We decided to buy baby cloths that said, "I love grandpa" and give it to my father as his present. Lame, I know but it was all we could think of on such short notice.

It was funny watching my dad open his presents. His face went from confusion to excitement so fast and all he could say was, "No way!".

I had a little more time to decide on how we were going to tell the in-laws. We are due February 19th so this is what I made.


We also bought a card that said, "Happy Father's Day Grandpa". When I wrap the present I put the card in last so that Chester would see the picture frame first.

It was also funny watching Chester as he opened his present. As he looked at the picture frame he kept saying, "This is nice!". Chester had no idea but I could see Cindy counting the months. As Chester read the first line of his card Cindy jumped up and said, "Are you pregnant?". I'm sure you know what happened next; hugs, kisses, congratulations.

I know it was Father's Day but I decided to make something for Cindy and this is what I came up with. I found this cute little poem online.


I do not have a face to see,
or put inside a frame.
I do not have soft cheeks to kiss,
I don't yet have a name.
You can't yet hold my tiny hands,
nor whisper in my ear.
It's still too soon to sing a song,
or cuddle me so near.
But all will change come February
when they say I'm due.
I'm your new grandson or granddaughter;
I can't wait till I meet you.
All I ask between now and then
is your patience while I grow.
I promise I'll be worth the wait,
because of all the love we'll know.
So as you're waiting patiently,
please pray lots of prayers for me.
I cannot wait to be a part
of this wonderful family.

No comments:

Post a Comment