Friday, September 17, 2010

Project for Easter

Since I haven't blogged in a while I thought that I would catch you up on some of the projects I have completed.

This past Easter I was wanting to make something to put on our door like a wreath. To get in the spirit and all. I had seen this project on many of the blogs that I follow and thought that this would be easy to make.

Supplies:
Hot Glue gun
grape vein wreath
reindeer moss
wooden letter (L for our last name)
mod podge
scrapbook paper
paint brush
brown paint


I started to glue the moss down in patches all over the wreath.

The moss did turn my fingers green so you might want to wear gloves.




While I was working on the project I found that it looked better if you avoided putting moss on every vein. It made it look more rustic.

I then took scrapbook paper and tore it into pieces and mod podged the paper on the wooden letter until it was completely covered. I had some left over brown paint so I added water to it to make it thinner and lightly painted the brown all over the letter. I removed the excess paint with a paper towel.
I then made a bow and glued that and cotton seeds on the top of the wreath. It took me around an hour and a half to complete this project.

1 comment:

  1. This is cute-it turned out well! And I love your schnauzer!! I had one named Heidi growing up.

    ReplyDelete